Buscar este blog

lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012

INGLES III EJERCICIOS PARA EL 3ER. PARCIAL PARTE-A UNITS 5-6




Grammar
Will / won’t, going to, Present Continuous
-Complete the sentences with the correct future form.
If I see you, I’ll say (say) hello.
  1. I think it (snow) tomorrow.
  2. We (have) dinner with him tonight at 8.
  3. My father hopes that I (find) a job soon.
  4. What (be) the weather like tomorrow?
  5. Don’t worry about your exam. I (help) you.
  6. I (have) a sandwich and a coke, please.
  7. I (go) out with him again. He’s boring.
  8. I promise I (take) you to the zoo soon.
  9. He (work) in Mexico next Easter.
  10. You (need) a visa if you travel to India.
  11. She (go) to the dentist tomorrow evening.
  12. What you (do) if you win the lottery?
  13. They (leave) for Peru in the morning.
  14. So, do you like this shirt? Yes, I (take) it.
  15. You (spend) next summer in Argentina?
Might, might do, might not
-Rewrite the underlined words using might, might do / not.
I think I’ll visit you on Sunday.
I might visit you on Sunday.
  1. Perhaps I’ll visit my mother tomorrow.
  2. Are you going home now? Perhaps, I’m not sure.
  3. Is he going to work in USA next year? It’s possible but I don’t think so.
  4. I’ll probably have to study hard next summer.
  5. I don’t think we’ll get an invitation for the party.
So do / did i & neither do / did i
-React to the following statements using So do / did I or Nor do / did I.
A: I smoke.
B: So do I.
  1. A: I don’t like cycling.
B: …
  1. A: He went to the beach last weekend.
B: …
  1. A: I think learning French is hard.
B: …
  1. A: I have to work every day.
B: …
  1. A: I didn’t go to school yesterday.
B: …

Vocabulary
Travel words and expressions
-Match the words in the columns.
1 book a) the sights
2 go b) your suitcase
3 see c) a hotel room
4 go on d) sightseeing
5 pack e) a trip

-Put the words in the correct column.

ticket / camping / sleeping bag / noise / binoculars / delays / vacation package / phrase book / guided tour / crowds / lines /

Vacation items
Problems
Types of trips
ticket


-Complete the dialogues with phrases from the box. Where could they take place?
A: Can I pay by credit card?
B: Certainly, sir. What’s your room number?
[hotel]
  • Can I pay by credit card?
  • I’m sorry. The air conditioning has broken down .
  • What do you think?
  • Can I help you with your suitcase, ma’am?
  • I’m afraid the bathroom is shared.
  • Would you like to order?
  • What can I get you?
  • I’d like a one-way ticket to Berlin.
  • How much is it for a room with a private bathroom?
  • Would you like to try it on?
  • I’ll call you back to confirm the reservation.
  1. A:
B: It’s lovely. I’ll take it.
  1. A:
B: 25 dollars.
  1. A:
B: Not yet. I need to read the menu.
  1. A:
B: A bottle of mineral water, please.
  1. A:
B: That’s very kind of you.
  1. A: I like that shirt.
B:
  1. A:
B: Could you fix it, please?
  1. A:
B: No problem,sir. Thanks. Bye
  1. A:
B: OK. Here you are.
  1. A: Does it have a private bathroom?
B:
Error analysis
-Find and correct the mistakes.
I’m going on a travel trip to Australia next month.
  1. He might to take a trip next summer.
  2. You won’t need no visa to travel to Germany.
  3. Sorry I broke your glasses. Don’t worry, I will to fix them.
  4. I don’t like vacation packages. Do do I.
  5. I went to home early last night.


Grammar
First conditional
-Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in parentheses.
If I win (win) the lottery I’ll travel (travel) around the world.
  • If I (can), I (go) home early today.
  • He (not watch) TV, unless he (eat) his lunch.
  • I (buy) a new car, if I (get) a new job.
  • If you (be) good, I (give) you a chocolate bar.
Comparatives and superlatives
-Rewrite the sentences to give the same meaning. (Use the words in parentheses to help you.)
Ice cream is more fattening than yogurt.
Yogurt is less fattening than ice cream./ Yogurt isn’t as fattening as ice cream.
  1. A Mini is cheaper than a Porsche.
  2. Chicago is more violent than Paris.
  3. London has more museums than Dublin.
  4. The weather in Boston isn’t as predictable as in Los Angeles.
  5. Smoking is more unhealthy than drinking.
  6. Penelope Cruz isn’t as talented as Nicole Kidman.
  7. Everybody in my family drinks more coffee than me.
  8. I study more than all the other people in my class.
Giving advice
-Give advice using prompts.
A: We’re not in shape.
B: Try / exercise more = Try exercise more.
  1. A: I’m very fat.
B: Should / cut down on / sweets.
  1. A: I want to feel healthier.
B: Have you thought of / give up / smoking?
  1. A: I’m worried about my exam.
B: What about / study / harder?!
  1. A: I don’t feel good.
B: Why don’t you / go / doctor?Vocabulary
Food and health words:
Phrasal verbs
-Rewrite the sentences using these phrasal verbs.
get over / put on / cut down on / take up / give up / live on
I only eat fast food. = I live on fast food.
  • His weight has increased a lot recently.
  • You should eat less chocolate.
  • Why don’t you stop smoking?
  • Have you thought about learning English?
  • I hope you’ll recover from your cold soon.
-Complete with the right word or expression.
overweight / lose weight / addicted to / addictive / caffeine / cocoa
Chocolate is made of cocoa.
  1. I’m a chocoholic. I’m … chocolate.
  2. Tea contains less … than coffee.
  3. I’ve put on three kilos lately. Now I’m … .
  4. If you want to … you should eat less.
  5. Everybody knows tobacco is … .-Fill in the blanks with the verbs below.
add (x2) / beat / boil / chop / fry / heat / peel / sprinkle / cook

Rice with sausages and scrambled eggs
1­­­… and 2… an onion. 3… some olive oil and 4… the onion and the sausages in a frying pan. 5… a cup of rice in salted water in a pan. 6… two eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and 7… them to the rice. 8… on low heat until eggs are done. 9… the fried sausages and the onion. 10… with oregano and dry garlic powder. Serve, eat and enjoy!
Error analysis
-Find and correct the mistakes.
Try to sleep well before do doing an exam.
  1. If I’ll can, I visit you tomorrow.
  2. He’s the more nice person in my class.
  3. She should to eat less food, she’s not healthy.
  4. Have you thought of relax before exams?
  5. Why don’t you drink fewer alcohol?




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario